Category Archives: Product Reviews
The Ware Bun-E-FunToss Toy is a rabbit shaped, all natural wood chew and toss toy. Made from pine, sisal and USDA approved food colouring, your rabbit will love to fling this toy around during playtime or give it a good chew when it’s instincts to nibble kick in.
As you can see the Bun-E-Fun Toss Toy doesn’t stand a chance to big chewers like Honey who had this ripped apart and the wooden pieces half gone within a week!
- Wood based chew keeps those teeth worn down!
- Encourages play and aids as a boredom breaker.
- Due to the large size of the sisal ring I would only use with other small pets (such as guinea pigs) during supervised play time as the ring could get stuck around a smaller animal’s head.
- The sisal rope is easy for bunny to chew through, once that happens the wooden pieces aren’t held together by anything
This mobile consists of an all natural wooden base that has small loofah chews hanging off of it. It comes with a long string to clip to the top of your rabbit’s cage which allows the mobile to dangle, enticing your rabbit to try and catch the loofah chews on each end! This provides both enrichment for your rabbit as well as satisfying their natural urge to chew. Watch your bunny grab the loofah pieces and swing the mobile around, trying to nibble on the chews at the same time!
- Suitable for other small pets such as guinea pigs and rats.
- Comes with a long rope which could easily be adjusted to fit the height of your cage.
- The entire thing is safe for chewing so when the loofah is gone your pet may still enjoy gnawing on the wooden pieces.
- This toy provides bunnies with what they love most – to chew and toss.
- Doesn’t take up any floor space in the cage.
- Not only is it fun for bunny but it is entertaining to watch your rabbit swing the pieces around!
- Fairly large so you do need a good amount of open space for it to to be able to swing around.
- Since this is a mobile it’s only suitable for cages that have a top to them so it can be hung.
- The hanging pieces are made out of loofah which I’ve found not all rabbits are fond of.
The Super Pet Veggie Basket is a metal ball that hangs from a chain and holds your rabbit’s vegetables. There is one section of the ball that is wider providing an opening for you to place the veggies inside the ball. This is a great enrichment toy as it forces your rabbit to work for their tasty snack! They must figure out how to get the vegetables out of the basket which keeps them busy and provides them some exercise as well!
- Can be used for other small pets such as guinea pigs, rats and chinchillas.
- Stimulates bunny’s brain and gets them moving while also providing a healthy snack.
- Since the veggie basket hangs your rabbit can’t knock it over therefore minimizing mess.
- It doesn’t take up any extra space in the cage.
- Because it has to have large holes so your pet can grab the food it is only really suitable for large leafy greens or larger slices of vegetables. Anything smaller would just fall out of the gaps.
- The hole to place your veggies in is quite small so it can be a bit tricky getting the veggies inside.
- It doesn’t hold a large amount so if you have multiple pets in the same cage you may want to consider having one veggie ball for each pet.
- If you have made your own cage or your cage doesn’t have a gridded top it may be difficult to find a place to attach it.
The Living World Teach n’ Treat is an enrichment toy by Hagen that promotes natural foraging behaviours in your pet rabbit. It acts as a boredom buster by getting your bunny’s brain working while also providing a bit of exercise (especially if you’re Ollie who loves to fling the entire thing around)! In order for your rabbit to obtain the treat they must first determine how to move the game pieces around so the treat is exposed. There are three levels to this game providing three unique puzzles for your rabbit to solve.
- Three games in one
- Encourages natural foraging behaviours in rabbits
- Great boredom buster
- Keeps bunny’s brain active
- Provides interaction and bonding time between you and your rabbit
- Can also be a great educational toy for other pets such as guinea pigs, chinchillas, rats, small dogs and larger parrots.
- May not be challenging to rabbits who are not interested in treats (like our little Willow) or to those who master all three levels quickly.
Although this game was hard to find locally and a little pricey it has been a huge success at my house! The bunnies seem to love it and I find it entertaining watching them try to figure each level out (or ways to cheat)!